SF6 Gas Insulated Lines
A global leader in high-voltage SF6 insulated bus systems
Avail’s SF6 gas insulated transmission line (GIL) delivers economical long-distance power transmission, with superior reliability and a longer lifecycle to reduce ownership costs. With a compact system design, fabricated elbows and a large current capacity, GIL offers complete system flexibility.
Capitalizing on the advantages of SF6 systems
As the only North American manufacturer of GIL for use in high-voltage transmission and substation applications, Avail has developed an optimal alternative to conventional cable systems and overhead lines. Our GIL offers a range of advantages over conventional GIS bus designs, high voltage cables and overhead transmission lines.
- Fabricated elbow design enables changes in direction at any angle between 90˚ and 180˚
- Section lengths of up to 18 meters (60 feet) minimize production and installation costs
- More power per circuit – continuous capacity through 8,000 amperes
- Reduced in-service failures
- Flange bolted design allows for quick installation without specialty-trained crews or special equipment
- Voltage ranges from 115kV – 1,200kV
- Versatile routing options
- Low profile designs for improved aesthetics and security
Offering high current capacity with minimal power loss, Avail GIL provides low profile designs for improved aesthetics and secutrity, and virtually limitless flexibility with a longer operating life of 50 years.
Related Featured Story
Related Case Study
Every station layout design has certain physical boundaries to which the transmission components must adhere. If the space available precludes the use of air-insulated bus and a lack of available land prevents continuous transmission line at ground level or below grade, an elevated bus system provides a potential solution.