Protecting people and equipment through a commitment to safety that sets the industry standard
For over 50 years, Avail has been at the forefront of safety with innovative switchgear development. Offering an industry-leading, low-profile design that is Type 2C (2BC) compliant, Avail arc-resistant switchgear options meet or exceed IEEE, ANSI and NEMA requirements. Available in a wide range of ANSI ratings and configurations, our switchgear features utility-grade, welded, metal-clad assembly for reliability, safety and long service life.
Rigorous testing to ensure superior operation
Avail arc-resistant switchgear is type-tested to C37.20.7 at a world-class facility to ensure that it is fully compliant. Testing has been completed and results reported by a trusted and certified third-party source, and are available for customer review upon request.
Our standard delivers exceptional performance
- Our wide range of ANSI rating product availability include:
- Voltages: 5kV and 15kV
- Continuous currents up to 3000A
- Interrupting rating up to 40kA
- Patented nine-point visible door latch with visual confirmation of proper latching
- Lowest-profile plenum (under 20” high) fits in standard height enclosure and electrical rooms
- Double-walled switchgear construction
- Removable roof sections for easy replacement